Preparation / Directions:
Makes about 1 1/2 dozen fritters
1. Peel and core apples; cut into crosswise slices about 1/4 to 1/3-inch thick and set aside.
2. Sift together flour, 2 tablespoons sugar and salt.
3. Beat together egg yolks and milk; beat egg whites until stiff.
4. Stir egg yolk mixture into dry ingredients, mixing until smooth; fold egg whites into mixture.
5. Combine remaining 4 tablespoons sugar with cinnamon.
6. Coat apple slices with cinnamon sugar and dip into batter, coating thoroughly.
7. Fry in oil heated to 360 F. until golden brown; serve hot, sprinkled with confectioners' suga