Preparation / Directions:
1. Put a reasonable sized vessel on the range and heat oil.
2. Put cinnamon, cloves and cardamom and fry for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add onions and green chiles and fry until onions turn brown.
4. Add garlic + ginger paste and fry for a minute or so.
5. Add vegetables and fry for about 3 minutes.
6. Add Water (about a cup or two).
7. Let the vegetables + turmeric powder cook.
8. If you are using canned or frozen vegetables skip the above step.
9. Add coconut paste, khus-khus, salt and wait until cooked. (note: Cook on a low fire)
Source: Somesh Rao