Preparation / Directions:
Makes 3 dozen cookies
1. Cream butter, cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla in large mixing bowl.
2. Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; blend into creamed mixture.
3 Divide dough in half; add cocoa to one half the dough, add 3/4 cup flour to remaining half.
4. Roll each half into a 9-inch square. (If too soft, chill 15 minutes.)
5. Place chocolate square on top of vanilla square; roll up jelly-roll style. Wrap tightly in waxed paper or plastic wrap; chill at least one hour or overnight.
6. Slice dough 1/4 inch thick; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake in preheated 350 F. oven 12 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
8. Remove from cookie sheet; cool on wire rack.