Preparation / Directions:
Makes 1 pound
1. Spread popcorn in large shallow roasting pan.
2. Stir together sugar, margarine, corn syrup and salt in heavy 1 1/2-quart saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils.
3. Continue cooking, without stirring, 5 minutes.
4. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and baking soda.
5. Pour corn syrup mixture over popcorn; stir to coat well.
6. Bake in preheated 250 F. oven, uncovered, 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
7. Break apart when cooled; store in tightly covered container.