Preparation / Directions:
Makes 3 cups
1. Place pecans in 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan; heat in 250 F. oven 5 minutes.
2. Melt margarine in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat; stir in corn syrup and 1/4 cup sugar.
3. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium heat; boil without stirring 5 minutes.
4. Pour syrup over nuts, stirring constantly to coat evenly; bake in 250 F. oven 1 hour, stirring several times.
5. Sprinkle with remaining sugar; toss to coat evenly.
6. Immediately spread out on greased cookie sheets to cool; quickly separate into individual pecan halves.
7. Cool; store in tightly covered container.