Preparation / Directions:
1. Cream together sugar, butter and cream cheese.
2. Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla.
3. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into creamed mixture.
4. Spoon half the batter into greased, floured 9 x 13-inch pan, spreading batter evenly.
5. Spread surface with preserves.
6. Dollop remaining batter over preserves; carefully spread with spatula to completely cover preserves.
7. Bake in preheated 350 F. oven 35 to 40 minutes.
8. Spread cake with Coconut Topping; broil 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown.
9. Cool in pan.
Combine all ingredients and spread over cake.