Preparation / Directions:
1. Wash and drain blueberries; place in bowl.
2. Squeeze lemon juice over top; sprinkle with 3/4 cup sugar and Angostura bitters. Set aside.
3. Cream together shortening and remaining sugar; add egg.
4. Sift together flour, salt and baking powder; add to shortening.
5. Add milk; beat until smooth.
6. Place sweetened blueberries in well-greased 8-inch square cake pan, arrange berries in even layer; smooth cake dough over berries.
7. Bake in preheated 350 F. oven 30 minutes.
8. When cake is done, invert on platter; cut in squares and serve warm with plain cream or whipped cream.
NOTE: A yummy dessert.