Preparation / Directions:
1. Cook ground chuck in a medium skillet over medium heat until browned. Drain and pat dry with paper towel.
2. Return meat to skillet, stir in tomatoes,water, garlic, and Italian herb seasoning. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
3. Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain well and set aside.
4. Cook spinach according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain well, squeeze excess moisture from spinach. Combine spinach and next four ingredients, stirring until well combined. Set mixture aside.
5. Place half of cooked noodles in a 12 X 8 X 2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with half each of cottage cheese mixture and American Cheese. Spread half of meat mixture over top.
6. Repeat layers with remaining cooked noodles, cottage cheese mixture, shredded American cheese, and meat mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Divide into twelve portions and serve hot.