Preparation / Directions:
1. Cut the bottoms and tops off the peppers. Slice through the peppers top to bottom, remove the seeds and cut each one in 3 pieces. Lay in the bottom platform of a Stack and Steam or other large steamer over boiling water and steam for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and seal in a Ziploc bag to continue steaming for at least 10 minutes. The skin should now peel off easily. Set aside 1/3 of the pepper for the sauce.
2. Set aside 8 whole collard leaves. (If the recipe has been scaled, you will need to adjust this number). Lay the remaining collard greens in a neat pile, one atop the other. Roll the leaves lengthwise, into a tight "cigar" and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick (7-cm-thick) slices.
3. Preheat the oven to 350ø F (180ø C).
4. Spread the chopped collard greens on a large cutting board and dust with the cayenne, cumin, and salt. Sprinkle the lemon juice over the greens and toss with your hands to mix. Put the shredded greens in the top platform of a Stack and Steam or other large steamer and scatter the blackeyed peas over the top. Lay the whole collard leaves on top of the blackeyed peas and steam for 12 minutes.
5. Remove from the heat, set the whole collard greens aside, and thoroughly mix 2/3 of the chipotle sauce into the chopped greens and blackeyed peas.
6. Spray MEV molds or other 1 cup molds with vegetable oil cooking spray and line the bottom and half of one side of each mold with the steamed red pepper pieces. Place a whole collard leaf on the other side of the mold, with the right side of the leaf facing out and overlapping the pepper on the inside. Spoon the blackeyed pea and shredded collard greens mixture into the mold and press down hard. Heat for 20 minutes in a preheated oven.
FOR THE SAUCE: 7. Whiz the remaining red bell pepper, the tomato, thyme and remaining chipotle sauce for about 1 minute in a blender. Press through a sieve into a small saucepan and heat to simmering.
TO SERVE 4 PEOPLE: Put 2 tablespoons of sauce in a puddle on each plate and set a Cajun MEV on top. Serve Grilled Zucchini (see recipe) and Grilled Sweet Potato halves (see recipe) on the side.