Preparation / Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Trim and discard the outer leaves from the escarole,
leaving the lighter green center.
2. Cut in half from root to tip. Trim and discard any discolored outer leaves of endive and Boston
lettuce and cut them in half from root to tip.
3. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add the lettuces.
4. Cook until golden on both sides. If lettuces don't fit in the skillet, perform this operation in batches.
5. Add garlic, coriander, thyme, rosemary, water and vinegar, cover, place in oven
and cook 15 minutes.
6. Transfer the skillet to the stove top and remove the lettuces.
7. Let cool on a plate. Press the lettuces and add any braising liquid to the skillet.
8. Add the cream and cook until the liquid becomes saucelike.
9. Pour into a bowl and let cool.
10.To serve, cut halves of Boston lettuce and escarole in half. Arrange all lettuces on a platter and pour
the sauce over the to