Preparation / Directions:
1. Scrub the beets lightly annd boil them for 35 minutes until barely tender. Drain under cold water, peel, then slice into 5-mm pieces.
2. Melt the butter and cook the shallots for 4 minutes over medium heat.
3. Turn the heat down and stir in the flour. Cook for 2 minutes stirring often.
4. Add the stock, mustard and cream. Cook for a few minutes until thick.
5. Combine with the beets. Cook for a few minutes until it is warm. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with parsley sprinkled on top.
Author's Notes: From Bert Greene's Greene on Greens.
Difficulty : easy. Precision : approximate measurement