Preparation / Directions:
* Use a large sweet onion, such as Spanish, Bermuda or even the Vidalia type sweet onions. Total weight: about 1-1/2 pounds.
1. Peel onions; cut off one quarter of each onion from the top and trim root end, leaving root end intact.
2. Use a large melon-ball scoop or grapefruit spoon to remove centers of onions, leaving 1/4-inch thick shells.
3. Stand onion shells in saucepan with 1 inch boiling water; cover and let steam for 15 minutes. Remove from heat; invert onto wire rack to drain and cool.
4. Finely chop onion centers; you will have about 1/2 cup. Melt margarine in skillet and saute the chopped onion for 3 minutes. Add celery and saute 1 minute longer.
5. Stir in shredded carrots, mustard, curry powder and Tabasco sauce; remove from heat.
6. Blend in apple and raisins. Spoon stuffing into onion shells. Place in small baking dish and pour hot water into dish to a depth of 1 inch.
7. Bake in preheated 325-degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until onions are heated through.