Preparation / Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Cut garlic in half lengthwise. With cut garlic, rub inside of 1 1/2 quart shallow baking dish; set aside. Peel potatoes; cut into 1/4 inch slices. Place in bowl of cold water and set aside.
2. Peel tomatoes (to make this easier, put in boiling water for 30 seconds and then immerse immediately in ice water). Cut into 1/2 thick slices; set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine the parsley, 1 tsp salt, tarragon, basil and nutmeg. Peel and thinly slice the onions. Drain potatoes well; pat dry with a paper towel. Place half the potatoes into a prepared casserole dish (spray first with non-stick spray). Sprinkle with half the parsley mixture. Add half the onions, and half the tomatoes.
4. Sprinkle tomatoes with 1/2 tsp salt. Repeat layering procedure. Cut margarine into small pieces and dot onto casserole. Cover loosely with foil.
5. Bake 45 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender. Sprinkle top of casserole with cheese, and bake uncovered for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.