Preparation / Directions:
1. Combine sugar and water in saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
2. Cook mixture to soft-ball stage.
3. Beat egg yolks until thick and pale yellow; continue beating, gradually adding hot syrup in a fine stream.
4. Beat until mixture is thick and fluffy; refrigerate until cold.
5. Dip macaroons into liqueur; arrange against sides of 9-inch springform pan.
6. Fold whipped cream into chilled egg yolk mixture; pour into cookie-lined pan and top with remaining macaroons.
7. Cover pan with plastic wrap or foil; freeze until firm.
8. Fifteen minutes before serving, remove torte from freezer. Transfer to serving platter; remove sides of pan.
9. Surround with grape clusters, berries and figs; serve at once.