Preparation / Directions:
1. Saute apples in nonstick pan 3 cups at a time until softened, adding 1 tablespoon apple juice to each 3-cup measure.
2. When all apples are cooked, stir in pecans and spread over dough; sprinkle with cinnamon and lemon juice.
3. Bake in preheated 375 F. oven 40 minutes, or until dough is golden brown. Apples should be thoroughly cooked but not mushy.
4. Pour glaze evenly over apples; allow to set at room temperature. Cut into squares and serve with a dollop of yogurt or sour cream.
Dough: 1. Mix flour and salt; cut in shortening to make coarse crumbs.
2. Stir in ice water with a fork until mixture is dampened.
3. Roll dough into a thin rectangle on a floured board to fit a large baking sheet with small edge; place dough on greased baking sheet and form a lip at edge.
Glaze: 1. Bring 1 1/2 cups apple juice to a boil in saucepan.
2. Mix arrowroot with cold apple juice; stir gradually into boiling apple juice.
3. Add coconut; cook and stir until slightly thickened.