Preparation / Directions:
1. Boil a whole chicken in water to cover. When tender, strain chicken
from stock, reserving stock. Remove bones and skin from chicken; dice
2. Boil down stock, if necessary, to about 1 quart of liquid.
3. Saute (in butter) 1 or 2 onions, 2 or 3 stalks of celery, and some
sliced mushrooms (possible substitute; shaved carrots).
4. When vegetables are tender, throw in a handful of diced ham.
5. Put chicken and vegetables into stock.
6. Just before serving, add 2 cups of cream and float slices of 2 or 3
hard-boiled eggs in soup.