Scallops In Wine
|Course : Seafoods
Preparation / Directions:
1. Wash and drain the scallops, slice up the mushrooms, separate the white from the yolks and lightly beat the yolks.
2. Put the scallops in a bowl, cover with wine and allow them to soak for 15 minutes with the bay leaf added.
3. Season to taste and cook in wine at a low heat for 15 minutes.
4. Remove the scallops from the wine and drain them and place in a warming dish. Retain the marinade.
5. Fry the mushrooms in butter at a low heat, stirring constantly.
6. Bring the marinade to the boil and add 1/2 teaspoonful of butter. Thicken with the egg yolks. 7. Combine with mushrooms and scallops and douse in the wine sauce. 8. Serve on a bed of bread fried in butter and garnish with parsley and lemon. SOURCE: *Kiwi Cookbook, by Alan Armstrong, Seven Seas Publishing Pty Ltd, PO Box 1431, Wellington, New Zealand, (C. 1968) ISBN 85467 016 5