Preparation / Directions:
* Rinsed and crisped (arugula, Belgian endive, butter lettuce, curly endive, escarole, radicchio, or romaine.)
1. Rinse scallops well, pat dry, and cut crosswise about 1/4" thick.
2. To a 10-12" frying pan over medium-high heat, add oil and ginger. When hot, add 1/2 the scallops; turn often with a wide spatula until scallops are tinged with gold and no longer translucent in center (cut to test), about 4 minutes.
3. With a slotted spoon, transfer scallops to a small bowl. Cook remaining scallops; add to bowl. Drain juices from scallops back into frying pan; bring to a boil; then remove from heat. Stir in lime juice, marjoram, sugar, pepper, and onion.
4. Put leaves in a wide, shallow bowl. At once, pour hot dressing over them; mix, then push leaves to 1 side of the bowl. Mound scallops and potato chips separately beside leaves. Present salad, then mix.