Preparation / Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350F
2. Melt the butter in a medium-size skillet. Add the shallots and wilt over medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat and using a fork, stir in the cracker crumbs.
3. Spread half the crumb mixture over the bottom of a 6 x 8-inch ovenproof baking dish.
4. Drain the oysters, reserving the liquor, and lay them evenly over the crumbs. Cover the oysters with the remaining crumb mixture.
5. In a small mixing bowl, combine the reserved oyster liquor, cream, Worcestershire, Tabasco, thyme, pepper, parsley and salt. Pour this over the oysters.
6. Bake on the center rack of the oven until brown and bubbly, 30 to 35 minutes.
Serve accompanied by a bright green salad.)
Yield: 6 portions (This can also be called a chowder.)