Preparation / Directions:
1. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet.
2. Add onion; sauté until tender.
3. Add scallops, apples, mushrooms, lemon juice, parsley, basil and salt; cook over medium heat, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan; blend in flour.
5. Remove from heat; stir in milk.
6. Return to medium heat; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
7. Add sauce to scallop mixture in skillet; mix well.
8. Spoon into 4 buttered ramekins.
9. Combine remaining butter with bread crumbs; sprinkle over scallops.
10. Place under broiler; broil 3 to 4 minutes, or until crumbs are golden.