Preparation / Directions:
1. Combine butter with olive oil; pour half the mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish, reserving the remainder for brushing.
2. Layer potatoes in dish, turning to coat both sides with butter-oil mixture.
3. Place onion and pepper slices over potatoes; brush with part of reserved butter-oil mixture.
4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Bake in preheated 475 F. oven 10 minutes.
5. Spoon tomatoes atop vegetables in dish; brush with part of reserved oil mixture and sprinkle with parsley and tarragon. Bake 10 minutes longer.
6. Place fish atop tomatoes, putting an anchovy fillet inside each fish, if desired; brush with remaining oil mixture.
7. Bake 10 minutes, or until fish flakes easily.