Preparation / Directions:
1. Season inside fish cavity with salt and white pepper.
2. Melt buffer in saucepan; saute~ celery, onion, parsley and sage in buffer until onion is transparent.
3. Fill cavity with celery-buffer mixture; skewer to close.
4. Place fish in baking dish; add milk to cover.
5. Cover dish tightly with aluminum foil; bake in preheated 3()0O F. oven 5 hours. Bones will disappear!
6. Serve with Cucumber Sauce.
Cucumber Sauce Blend all ingredients in food processor or blender or mix well. Delicious with milk-baked fish or broiled or sauteed shad fillets.
NOTE: Fresh-water shad is very difficult to fillet, but when baked in milk, the bones literally disappear! Inexpensive Lenten offering when fish is in season!