Preparation / Directions:
1. If you are using large sea scallops, cut them in half horizontally. If you have tiny bay scallops, they can be left whole.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter. Add shallots and mushrooms; saute over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
3. Melt remaining butter in skillet. Add scallops. Saute 2 to 3 minutes, until scallops are opaque. Using a slotted spoon, remove scallops from skillet and add them to mushroom mixture; set aside.
4. Add cream and wine to liquid in skillet. Add any juices that have accumulated in bowl of scallops.
5. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until sauce reduces to 2/3 to 3/4 cup and thickens enough to lightly coat a spoon.
6. Add mushroom and scallop mixture; cook to heat through. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve garnished with chives.