Preparation / Directions:
1. Slice off top of French bread; scoop out center, leaving 1-inch-thick shell.
2. Combine mustard and garlic with melted butter; brush over inside of bread.
3. Simmer oysters in their own juices until edges begin to curl; combine with cheese and onion.
4. Fill cavity in loaf with oyster-cheese mixture; replace top.
5. Use a sharp knife to slice part way through bread at 1 to 2-inch intervals.
6. Wrap loaf in foil and bake in preheated 350 F. oven 30 minutes.
7. Unwrap and serve, with accompaniment of lemon slices, if desired.