Preparation / Directions:
1. Carefully wash fish; drain. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; set aside.
2. Combine flour and cornstarch.
3. Blend together water and egg yolk; stir into flour mixture until smooth. Fold in beaten egg white.
4. Dip fish into batter; deep-fat fry at 350 F. 2 to 3 minutes, depending on size of fish, or until fish is golden brown.
5. Drain on absorbent paper.
6. Serve with Cucumber Butter.
Cucumber Butter Makes 1 1/4 cups 1. Place cucumber in blender; blend until smooth.
2. Whip margarine until light and fluffy in mixing bowl; gradually beat in cucumber, continuing to beat until combined and smooth.
3. Blend in lemon juice, dill weed, onion, salt and Tabasco.
4. Serve at room temperature with fried yellow perch.