Preparation / Directions:
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet, add the onions, bell pepper and chile and cook over medium heat stirring occasionally until the onions are translucent, about 3-5 minutes.
2. Transfer the mixture to a colander and let cool for about 20 minutes allowing excess liquid to drain off.
3. Remove any bits of shell or cartilage from the crabmeat
4. In a large bowl combine the sauteed vegetables with the crabmeat, breatcrumbs, whipping cream and egg yolk. Stir gently to mix, adding hot sauce salt and pepper to taste.
5. Put the egg white in a shallow boarl and lightly beat it. Put the flour on a plate. Form the crab mixture into 12 cakes of about 1/4 cup each. Dip the cakes into the egg white and then thoroughly coat them with flour, patting to remove any excess.
6. Heat the vegetable oil in a deep heave skillet over medium heat. Fry the crab cakes until nicely browned, 2-3 minutes per side.
For the Remoulade:
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk togther thoroughly. Taste for seasoning and refrigerate until needed.
Notes: Recommended to serve a dollp of Sun Dried tomato Remoulade on top, with extra passed separately. A bottle of Silver Lake Chardonnay is said to be the perfect accompaniment.