Preparation / Directions:
* mixed greens, of your choice (cutly endive, chicory, baby lettuce), cut or torn into bite-size pieces
1. Prepare the vinaigrette: In a small bow, combine the mustard and vinegar. Slowly whisk in the oils. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside. Whisk again when ready to serve.
2. Prepare the salad: In a small skillet, heat the olive oil. Season the diced artichokes lightly with salt and pepper and saute until al dente, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool.
3. Blanch the carrots and beans by placing each into a fine mesh basket. Set the basket into a pot of boiling salted water and cook until a dente, 2 to 3 minutes. Plunge into cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain, cool, and add to the artichokes. Add the onion, raicchio, corn, and celery.
4. When ready to serve, dice the avocado and the tomato and add to the other vegetables. Reserving a little vinaigrette, toss the vegetables with the vinaigrette, sprinkle with the grated cheese, and toss again. Correct seasoning to taste.
5. Toss the greens with the reserved vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Presentation: Divide the salad greens among four salad plates. Mound the chopped salad on the greens and serve immediately.
To prepare ahead Through step 3, refrigerating until needed.