Preparation / Directions:
1. In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and sauteed, stirring occasionally, 10 to 15 minutes or until onions are just tender. Remove from heat; add vinegar and salt, stirring to coat onions with mixture. Set aside.
2. To make each salad roll, form a 6- inch square of prosciutto by overlapping slightly 1/6 of the prosciutto slices, beginning with the long edge of a prosciutto slice placed horizontally in front of you. About 2 inches from the edge of the square nearest you, spread 1 1/2 C salad greens in a 2-inch-wide
strip parallel to bottom, allowing the largest and leafiest greens to extend to the right or left edge of square by at least 2 inches. Top salad greens with 1/6 of the tomato and yellow pepper strips, placing them lengthwise in center of salad strip.
3. Lift bottom prosciutto edge over salad strip and roll up prosciutto square firmly to enclose salad, allowing extended greens to protrude from one side. Repeat to make 5 more rolls with remaining prosciutto, salad greens, tomato, and yellow pepper. (Wrap and refrigerate if not serving immediately.)
4. To serve, cut each roll crosswise in half. On individual serving plates, place the prosciutto half with protruding greens on its cut end so it resembles a blossom of greens on a "stalk" of prosciutto. Add a basil sprig and several chives to the "blossom" of greens.
5. Cut remaining halves of salad rolls crosswise into 3 equal sections. Place 3 sections and 4 of the reserved onions on each plate beside "stalk" and serve immediately.