Preparation / Directions:
1. In skillet toast almonds and sesame seed over medium heat; stir occasionally for about 8 minutes or until fragrant. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl combine broccoli, bean sprouts, mushrooms, onions and sunflower seeds.
3. Add toasted almonds and sunflower seeds.
4. Dressing: In a small bowl whisk together vegetable oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, garlic and pepper. Season with salt to taste.
5. Toss dressing with with broccoli mixture. Sprinkle with chow mein noodles; serve.
Salad and dressing can both be made up to 4 hours ahead assembling just before serving.