Preparation / Directions:
*Buy blanched, toasted salted almonds or blanch your own by dropping 1/2 cup almonds into boiling water. Turn off heat and let almonds stay in water only one minute. Remove to paper towels to drain thoroughly. With fingers, rub almonds until peel comes off.
1. Coarsely chop almonds, set aside.
2. Drain pineapple and reserve syrup.
3. Cut drained cherries into quarters and set aside.
4. Cut dates (about 3 ounces) into slivers and set aside.
5. Cut marshmallows into eighths and set aside.
6. Combine in bowl 3 tablespoons of pineapple syrup and the softened cream cheese. Beat until fluffy, then blend in 1/4 cup mayonnaise. Gently fold in pineapple, cherries, dates, almonds and marshmallows.
7. Chill bowl and beaters then whip the cream until it piles softly. Gently fold the cream into the fruit mixture.
8. Turn into mold and freeze until firm, about 3-4 hours.