Preparation / Directions:
* Browning sauce can be found in the condiments area of most grocery stores, but can be omitted if necessary.
1. Use pork shoulder, pork butt or any cut you prefer. Cut pork into 1-inch cubes. Place in a 2-quart casserole; add the instant minced onions, soy sauce and browning sauce.
2. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add the juice to the pork and stir to blend. Cover and microwave at medium power for 25 minutes, stirring once after 15 minutes.
3. Blend together in a small bowl the 2/3 cup water, vinegar, brown sugar, cornstarch and salt. Add this mixture along with the pineapple and waterchestnuts to the meat mixture. Cover and microwave at medium high for 15 minutes, stir every 5 minutes. Add the green pepper for the last 5 minutes of cooking time. The mixture should be clear and thick by this time; if not, cook a minute or two longer.
4. Gently fold in the chopped tomatoes and let stand, covered, for 10-15 minutes before serving. Serve over rice or crisp noodles.
* Do not double this recipe, the cooking time would vary a lot.