Preparation / Directions:
1. Brealk the folls or bread into pieces and soak
them in the water.
2. In a medium size mixing bowl, combine the chopped
meats, onion, egg, parsley, salt and pepper.
3. Squeeze the water from the rolls and add them to
the meat mixture, using your hands to combine the
ingredients thoroughly. Form the mixture into small
patties about 3/4 inch thick and dredge each with a
4. Melt the butter in a large skillet. Fry the
patties slowly over a low flame, turning from time to
time, until they are cooked through, about 15
minutes. Remove to a platter and garnish with parsley
if you are serving them at room temperature.
5. To serve the Bouletten hot, remove to a warm
platter. Add the half cup of broth, wine or milk to
the skillet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes over a medium
flame, stirring constantly to incorporate the brown
particles. Pour over the Bouletten and serve