Preparation / Directions:
1. In a medium-sized, heat-resistant, non-metallic bowl, combine sugar, flour, egg and 1/4 cup milk together.
2. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened and smooth. Stir every 30 seconds.
3. Place in refrigerator to chill.
4. In a 1-quart, heat-resistant, non-metallic measuring cup, com- bine corn syrup, chocolate pieces and butter.
5. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 2 1/2 to 3 minutes or until chocolate is melted. Stir occasionally.
6. Gradually stir in milk and vanilla. Blend well.
7. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 1 1/2 minutes. Chill in refrigerator.
8. While custard and topping are cooling, prepare cake mix according to package directions.
9. Grease two 8-inch, heat-resistant, non-metallic cake pans. Divide batter between each prepared cake pan.
10. Cover each cake pan with clear plastic wrap and heat in Microwave Oven 6 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
11. Invert cakes onto a cooling rack.
12. When cake has cooled, place one layer on serving plate. Spread chilled custard on top.
13. Place other layer on top of custard and spread chilled chocolate sauce over top and let drizzle down sides.
14. Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.