Preparation / Directions:
1. PREHEAT OVEN TO 450F. Place ham in a large pan, fat-side up.
2. Add sliced ginger and peppercorns, then add enough cider and water to come 2-to-3 inches up the side of the ham. Save remaining cider-water to add to pan as liquid evaporates. Cover and place in oven.
3. Cook about 20 minutes per pound or until internal temperature registers 160F. Remove from oven halfway through cooking and turn ham over. Replace and continue cooking.
4. Remove ham to broiler rack and let sit 10 minutes to cool. Remove skin and fat. Taste, and if it's very salty, it may safely be immersed in more apple cider and water to draw out more salt. Taste again and proceed. You may refrigerate until ready to glaze.
5. Increase oven temperature to 400F. Mix the applesauce, mustard, horseradish, and 1/2 cup of the brown sugar. Spread over ham. Bake 20 minutes or until ham is heated through and sauce is bubbly.
6. Remove from oven and turn on broiler. Mix together remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar and bread crumbs and spread on ham. Broil 5 minutes or until cris