Preparation / Directions:
"Serve these grilled vegetables while hot as an accompaniment to grilled meats, seafood, or poultry. They can also be served at room temperature as part of a salad platter."
1. Heat coals in outdoor grill until hot. Lightly oil or coat grill rack with nonstick vegetable cooking spray and set aside.
2. In large skillet, place carrots and add enough water to cover; heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer carrots 15 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Drain carrots and pat dry; cut each crosswise in half.
3. Heat grill rack. Return carrots to skillet and toss with oil, salt and pepper. Place carrots on grill rack about 3 inches above medium-hot coals.
4. Grill 3 to 4 minutes, turning occasionally, until lightly charred.
5. Serve immediately or cool to room temperature and serve.