Preparation / Directions:
* Lobster base is a glaze sold in gourmet food shops and some supermarkets
1. Prepare marinade: Thoroughly whisk together all marinade ingredients in a glass or stainless-steel bowl. Add squid pieces and marinate at least 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
2. To make sauce: About 15 minutes before serving time, combine garlic, rosemary, wine, clam juice and lobster base in a non-aluminum saucepan. Bring to a gently simmer over medium heat, then simmer for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in the butter. Keep warm.
3. Remove squid from marinade, draining well.
4. Grill for 4 to 6 minutes, turning as needed, until just firm. (An open grill or a well-heated, ridged grill pan may be used. You may need to use a grill basket to hold the squid pieces if the spaces on your grill are too wide to hold them.)
5. Shake saucepan to recombine sauce if necessary, then add cooked squid. Raise heat to high and cook for 1 minute, stirring to coat all pieces well.
6. Serve with an extra dab of sauce.
Source: The Erie Cafe in Chicago, Illinois