Preparation / Directions:
1. Soak fresh morels in cold water for 15 minutes; dried ones until reconstituted. Drain, pat dry and trim stems. Cut larger mushrooms in half.
2. Heat oven to 500 deg. Sauté shallots and garlic in 2 tablespoons butter over low heat until soft. Add morels, turn up heat and cook 1 minute. Add sherry and reduce by half.
3. Whisk in remaining butter, working on and off the heat, until it is emulsified.
4. Heat a grill or ridged grill pan. Brush salmon fillets with oil and season with salt and pepper. Transfer salmon to a large pan and cook in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes.
5. Heat a medium-size, heavy frying pan over high heat. Add a few tablespoons olive oil. Add green onions and pancetta. Cook briefly, shaking the pan to prevent frying. Add morel mixture and mix. Season lightly.
6. Place a salmon fillet in the center of a warm dinner plate. Spoon morel mixture over the top and around the sides.
Adapted from "Women of Taste" by Beverly Russell