Preparation / Directions:
1. In skillet over medium heat, toast cumin and coriander until fragrant, about 1 minutes Place in Ziploc bag with peppercorns ; crush with rolling pin. In bowl, mix with chili powder, garlic and 1 Tbs. oil. Spread over both sides of steak. Let stand 2 hours or chill overnight.
2. In medium bowl, combine 6 Tbs. olive oil, vinegar, mustard, 1/2 t. salt and black pepper. Wash, dry and tear lettuce into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
3. Spray onion slices with cooking spray.
4. Grill onion slices and plum tomatoes 8-10 min., turning onions once and tomatoes frequently, until charred on all sides.
5. Transfer to cutting board; cool slightly. Dice onion; quarter tomatoes. Stir into vinaigrette.
6. Grill steak 7-9 minutes on each side to medium-rare. Remove to cutting board; sprinkle with the remaining salt.
7. Brush cut sides of bread with remaining olive oil.
8. Grill, cut-sides down, to toast. Spread half of the blue cheese over toast. Cut bread into 8 pieces. Cut remaining cheese into 8 thin slices.
9. Toss salad with warm vinaigrette. Divide salad onto 8 dinner plates. Slice steak thinly; arrange over salads. Top with remaining slices of blue cheese.
10. Serve with toast.