Preparation / Directions:
1. In a small, heavy frying pan, toast the cumin seeds over moderately= high heat, shaking the pan, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Transfer the cumin seeds to a blender.
2. Add the jalapenos, garlic, black pepper and salt to the blender and puree with the lime juice until the cumin seeds are finely ground. Then= add the cilantro and oil and puree until smooth.
3. Rub the meat all over with some of the marinade and roll each piece= into a cylinder. Arrange the meat in a shallow glass dish or stainless-steel pan. Pour the remaining marinade over the meat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 24 to 48 hours. About 30 minutes before cooking, remove the meat from the refrigerator and unroll each steak.
4. Light the grill or heat the grill.
5. Grill the steaks for 3 minutes. Turn the meat and cook to your taste, about 3 to 4 minutes longer for medium-rare.
6. Transfer to a carving board and let rest in a warm spot for 5 minutes. Slice the steaks across the grain and on the diagonal. The slices should be about 1/4 inch thick.
7. Serve with the Avocado Corn Relish and warm flour tortillas. Look for a robust red wine that won't be overwhelmed by the strong Southwestern flavors of this marinated steak with its spicy relish. Try a recent bottling of garnacha from Spain