Preparation / Directions:
1. Soften the dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes in boiling water for at least 15 minutes. Drain well.
2. Mince the garlic in a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Add the drained tomatoes and the rest of the ingredients for the paste and process until pureed and the consistency of a thick paste. Reserve 2 tablespoons.
3. Place the chicken breasts in large, shallow, non-aluminum dish and coat evenly with the paste. Make sure to put some under the skin. Refrigerate 2 to 8 hours, turning several times to make sure the marinade is adhering to the chicken. (The longer it marinates, the spicier it will be.)
4. In a food processor fitted with a steel blade process the butter with the reserved tomato paste until well blended. Place on a sheet of wax paper and roll up into a cylinder. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until read to use. It should become very firm.
5. Prepare the grill for medium-heat grilling.
6. Grill the chicken 3 inches from the flame for 7 to 10 minutes per side basting with a slice of the butter mixture on each side.
7. Arrange the chicken on individual plates and top each piece with a thin slice of the butter.
Advance Preparation: This may be prepared 8 hrs in advance through step 4 and refrigerated.
As a light entree: make 8 to 12 salads of chicken, sauté‚ed zucchini and arugula.
THE TASTE OF SUMMER; (1988) Diane Rossen Worthington (Bantam).