Preparation / Directions:
1. Place turkey neck and giblets in a 3 quart saucepan. Cover with chicken broth or water. Bring to a boil, then turn heat down to simmer. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, skimming foam off top of stock.
2. Tie bay leaf, peppercorns, parsley stems, and thyme in cheesecloth. This is your bouquet garni. Add onion, carrot, celery and bouquet garni to stock and simmer 2 hours, adding more stock or water as necessary to keep neck and giblets covered.
3. Remove stock from heat and strain. Should equal 3 cups. If needed, add additional water to equal 3 cups, or boil to reduce to 3 cups.
4. Remove turkey from roasting pan. Place on carving board to catch the juices.
5. Pour off fat into defatting cup. To roasting pan, return 6 tablespoons of turkey fat. Add 6 tablespoons of flour to fat. Cook for 3 minutes to eliminate to raw flour taste. Add 1 cup wine to roux and whisk until smooth. Add three cups stock and bring to a boil. Add any accumulated juices from carving board. Reduce heat and simmer until thickened.