|Course : Gravy
Preparation / Directions:
1. Place meat on warm platter and keep warm while preparing gravy. Pour drippings from pan into bowl, leaving brown particles in pan. Return 2 tablespoons drippings to pan. (Measure accurately because too little fat makes gravy lumpy.)
2. Add mushrooms. Cook and stir mushrooms in drippings until light brown.
3. Stir in flour. (Measure accurately so gravy is not greasy.)
4. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly; remove from heat.
5. Stir in liquid. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in few drops browning sauce if desired. Stir in salt and pepper.
Note: The liquid from the canned mushrooms may be used as part of the liquid in gravy.