|Course : Gravy
Serves: 4 - 6
Preparation / Directions:
1. First we are going to make a roux with the melted shortening (butter) and 1 1/2 tablespoon of *breading flour.
2. Cook this over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until the roux browns in color to resemble a nice milk chocolate color.
3. Once the mixture turns brown remove it from the heat and add the remaining flour stiring to make a paste. Slowly add the liquid (s) whisking together the paste and liquid.
4. Bring the mixture to a boil and boil for 2 minutes reduce the heat and allow the mixture to thicken which should take about 3 to 5 minutes. Stiring constantaly. Mixture will burn if left unattended.
5. *That is just the flour that you use to bread the chicken with.