Mary Ann Kerl's Favorite Fudge
|Course : Fudge
|1 pound confectioners sugar
|1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
|1/4 cup evaporated milk
|1/2 cup butter or margarine
|2 teaspoons vanilla
|3/4 cup pecan halves -- optional
Preparation / Directions:
1. Line a 8x8x2-inch baking pan with aluminum foil.
2. Sift together 10X sugar and cocoa into a 2-quart baking disk. Add the evaporated milk and butter, DO NOT STIR
3. Place in microwave oven; microwave for 2 1/2 minutes or until butter is just melted
4. Add vanilla; stir until all ingredients are well blended
5. Turn fudge into aluminum foil-lined pan; smooth top; place in freezer for 10 minutes to set
6. Cut into sixty-four 1-inch squares; place pecan half on each square, if you wish
Notes: My recipe is simple enough that even this non-cook is willing to make it (often):
Mary Ann Kerl's Favorite Fudge (and I have no idea who M A Kerl is)
A quick, easy fudge made in the microwave. May be given as a gift in a decorative tin.
Microwave for 2 1/2 minutes. Makes 64 squares at around 5 cents each.
Nutrient value per squar
44 calories; 0.2 gm. protein; 2 gm. fat; 16 mg sodium; 4 mg cholesterol