Preparation / Directions:
1. Cream together butter, shortening and sugar in large mixing bowl.
2. Add eggs and vanilla; blend well.
3. Combine dry ingredients; add alternately with water to creamed mixture.
4. Pour into 2 greased, floured 9-inch-round layer pans or two 8-inch-square pans.
5. Bake in preheated 350 F. oven 35 to 40 minutes for 9-inch layers or 40 to 45 minutes for 8-inch layers, or until cake tester comes out clean.
6. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans.
7. Cool completely; frost as desired.