Preparation / Directions:
1. Peel the bananas or plantains; cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. In a large frying pan, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium-high heat until foaming. Add the banana pieces and brown. Turn and brown on the other side, about 1 minute altogether. Remove from the heat; set aside.
2. Place 1 tablespoon of the butter and 1/2 tablespoon of the brown sugar in a frying pan large enough to hold a tortilla. Set over medium-high heat until the butter foams and the sugar melts. Stir, then place a tortilla in the pan and fry for 30 seconds. Turn and fry on the other side, until warmed through and sugar coated but still pliable, 30 seconds more. Remove and continue with the remaining tortillas, adding a little more butter and sugar to the pan as needed.
3. Stir the almonds in an ungreased frying pan until toasted, 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Place the sour cream and confectioners' sugar in a small bowl and stir together until smooth. (This will keep covered and refrigerated for up to 1 week.)
5. To assemble, spread about 1/3 cup of the bananas in the middle of a sugar-coated tortilla. Top with sweetened sour cream and toasted almonds. Fold and serv