Preparation / Directions:
1. Cut 1 grapefruit in half crosswise; squeeze juice to equal 3/4 cup.
2. Cut second grapefruit in half; carefully remove grapefruit sections from membrane with curved grapefruit or paring knife. Drain and reserve sections.
3. Scrape grapefruit shells clean with spoon. (To prevent tipping, cut a thin slice from bottom of each shell.) Rinse shells; drain and chill.
4. Dissolve gelatin in boiling water in bowl; stir in grapefruit juice.
5. To chill quickly, place bowl of gelatin mixture inside larger bowl filled with ice; stir mixture occasionally until very thick, but not set, about 1/2 hour.
6. With electric mixer, beat thickened gelatin until foamy, about 2 minutes.
7. Fold in whipped cream, reserved grapefruit sections and coconut; chill 5 to 10 minutes, until mixture begins to mound.
8. Spoon into grapefruit shells; sprinkle with almonds and additional coconut, if desired.