|Course : Fruits
Preparation / Directions:
1. To color coconut, put a small drop of food coloring in a saucer and stir the coconut around in it or brown slightly in a non-stick pan.
2. Sprinkle gelatin over pineapple juice in a small saucepan, let stand 5 min to soften. Add coconut extract. Heat just until gelatin melts. Cool to room temperature. Pour into large mixing bowl.
3. Place pineapple chunks, cottage cheese and sweetener in food processor.
4. Puree. Mix into gelatin mixture.
5. Combine whipped topping mix and milk. Beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into gelatin mixture. Pour into 4 cup bowl or individual serving dish.
6. Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
Note: You can also serve by dividing into 8 stem glasses or fancy little dessert dishes and top each with a piece of cherry. Chill at least 2 hours before serving.
8 g carbohydrate, 5 g protein, 3 g fat (79 calories)