Preparation / Directions:
1. Peel pears and core from blossom ends, leaving stems intact
2. Combine water, sugar and lemon juice; bring to a boil. Boil 5 minutes, then add pears.
3. Cover and cook 12 to 15 minutes, or until pears are tender, basting occasionally with syrup.
4. Combine cream cheese, nuts and cherries; using star tip, pipe cream cheese mixture into core and vertically around pears. Serve with Lemon Sauce.
Lemon Sauce Makes about 2 cups
1. Combine sugar, salt, cornstarch and water in saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and clear.
2. Add small amount of hot mixture to beaten egg yolks; blend thoroughly.
3. Return to hot mixture in saucepan; cook and stir 1 minute.
4. Remove from heat, add lemon juice and lemon peel; blend thoroughly.
5. Cool; serve in bowl with garnish of sliced lemon.