Preparation / Directions:
1. Process cranberry sauce, lemon zest, wine and lemon juice in blender or food processor.
2. Spread evenly in hotel pan. Freeze until firm but not frozen hard, 4-6 hours. If using recipe for 6, freeze in ice cube trays one-inch deep until firm but not frozen hard - 4-6 hours.
3. Break up and process in food processor. (An ice-cream machine can be used; this will produce a more airy sherbet-like texture.) At this point, when using the smaller recipe scoop into chilled champagne flutes and garnish with 2-3 mint leaves. For larger recipe, continue.
4. Return granita to hotel pan and freeze for 3 hours or until firm.
5. Scoop into chilled champagne flutes. Garnish with 2-3 mint leaves. Serve with 2 champagne biscuits per serving
Alternative Serving Suggestions: Hollow out 24 navel orange halves. Remove a thin slice on bottom of each half so it rests evenly on plate. Serve Granita in orange cups. Garnish as above.
Float granita in chilled glass coupes filled with 2 ounces champagne (2 additional bottles). Omit mint. Serve with Champagne biscuits.